The woodland nursery on the edge of the city
Welcome to our Centre
Hardmoor Early Years Centre provides high quality childcare and education for children from 3 months to 5 years.
VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE CENTRE
Please take a moment to look at our wonderful virtual tour of the Centre and see the amazing staff and facilities that we provide for children. Please feel free to share.
COVID -19 – Please click to see the latest advice and guidance.
CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR CHILD What you need to know
We have been contacted by Public Health England regarding testing related to the new Delta variant. Their advice is as follows:
To support swifter case finding and contact tracing for COVID-19 cases and help control the spread of the Delta variant, PHE is now recommending that, in the South East, close contacts of PCR positive individuals in schools and colleges take a voluntary PCR test through NHS Test and Trace on day 5 of their 10-day isolation period, even if they are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Please see our Policies page for up to date policies.
We are open from 8am – 6pm. Monday – Friday, all year round.
Early Years Funding accepted for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds (15 and 30 hours)
Day Care fees are inclusive of all meals, snacks and nappies and planned closure days are not charged.
Term time only options
2 year olds: 8.55am – 11.55am or 12.55pm – 3.55pm or 9.00am to 4.00pm
3 year olds: 9am – 12noon or 1pm – 4pm or 9am – 3pm or 9am – 4pm
All year round options
Children aged 3 months to 5 years: 8am – 4pm or 8am – 6pm
(minimum booking of 16 hours per week)
From The Executive Headteacher
Dear Parents/ Carers,
Welcome to Hardmoor Early Years Centre. Our aim is to provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment in which everyone is valued, so that children can grow in self-esteem and develop their full potential.
The Centre is a unique early years setting providing integrated sessional nursery education and day care for children aged 3 months to 5 years. It is our belief that young children learn and develop best through a play-based curriculum sensitive to children’s individual needs. We endeavour to work in close partnership with parents and carers and value their contributions.
The Centre is situated in a beautiful woodland area featuring many natural resources for the children to experience and access throughout the day. This website has been prepared to give you information about the Centre and I hope you find it useful.
From The Head of Centre
I would like to welcome you and your child to Hardmoor Early Years Centre. I hope that you enjoy your time here with us.
We have developed a Vision for Hardmoor that is shared on our website. In this, we set out what we hope children will achieve at our Nursery and how we will support them to attain it. We hope you will work with us too, in order to encourage the very best from your child during their time here.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or talk to us about your child. We believe that by working together, we can lay the foundations for the best start in life.
Head of Centre, EYPS, NPQICL
Aims for the Children
- To feel happy and secure in the Centre
- To feel good about themselves
- To respect each other and their surroundings
- To develop independence and to grow in confidence
- To feel enthusiastic about life and learning
- To develop an enquiring mind and a spirit of curiosity
- To learn from and appreciate each other’s differences
- To become individuals who care and share
Aims for the Centre
- Offer a range of provision, with continuity of care and education, for young children 0–5 years and their families
- Provide an environment that is safe, friendly, inspiring and welcoming to all
- Work in partnership with families, valuing their knowledge and respecting their opinions
- Provide inclusive education and care by working with other agencies and professionals to meet the needs of individual children and their families
- Encourage an atmosphere of open communication
- Provide high quality, challenging learning opportunities which build on the children’s interests and capabilities and are carefully planned to work towards the Early Learning Goals set out in the DCSF document ‘The Early Years Foundation Stage’
- Provide a wide range of stimulating resources in a spacious, bright and attractive environment
- Encourage high standards of behaviour to which children can respond positively and build on for the future
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the provision to ensure quality
- Engage well-qualified Early Years Practitioners, who are committed to updating their knowledge and skills
- Be a focus of interest, activity and information for the community
from the chair of governors
As Chair of Governors, I would like to welcome you and your children to Hardmoor. The Hardmoor team pride themselves on creating a safe and caring environment where the children’s development is a priority and the website explores the indoor and outdoor spaces available to all children. I am sure your children will be very happy here.
The website aims to provide you with some of our procedures and practices which we hope you find useful.
I look forward to meeting you and your child(ren).
Chair of Governors
Our Centre’s SENCO is Melanie Streader.
Our Latest News
The latest Newsletter for September 2021 has been sent out on Parentmail. You can view the full newsletter on the the Newsletter page of the website. https://hardmoor.co.uk/newsletters/
The latest Newsletter for July 2021 has been sent out on Parentmail. You can view the full newsletter on the the Newsletter page of the website.
The latest Newsletter for May 2021 has been sent out on Parentmail. You can view the full newsletter on the the Newsletter page of the website. https://hardmoor.co.uk/newsletters/
“The care my son receives is simply outstanding. We took full advantage of the settling in sessions and were really impressed that my sons key person and her buddy visited us at home before he started. I really believe this made starting nursery easier for him… and us! They’re like our extended family.”