The woodland nursery on the edge of the city
Welcome to our Centre
Hardmoor Early Years Centre provides high quality childcare and education for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Please click link below to see the latest Coronavirus advice and guidance.
Latest Risk Assessment (click attachment below)
Please see our Policies page for up to date policies.
We are open from 8am – 6pm. Monday – Friday, all year round.
Early Years Funding accepted for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds (15 and 30 hours)
Day Care fees are inclusive of all meals, snacks and nappies and planned closure days are not charged.
Term time only options
2 year olds: 8.55am – 11.55am or 12.55pm – 3.55pm or 9.00am to 4.00pm
3 year olds: 9am – 12noon or 1pm – 4pm or 9am – 3pm or 9am – 4pm
All year round options
Children aged 3 months to 5 years: 8am – 4pm or 8am – 6pm
(minimum booking of 16 hours per week)
From The Executive Headteacher
Dear Parents/ Carers
Welcome to our website and thank you for your interest in Hardmoor Early Years Centre.
If this is your first experience becoming acquainted with our centre, please do take the time to look through all of the sections of our website, where you will be able gain a clear insight into the centre, as well as a sound understanding of who we are, what we value and how we can help shape your child’s future together.
We want to ensure that your child is known well as individuals and that their unique personalities, talents, and interests are nurtured and developed to the full. I know that providing children with exciting, creative, and meaningful learning experiences will build their enthusiasm for learning and help them grow and develop positively in various ways. The entire team aims to help each child become a successful learner and well-rounded individual ready to take the next steps in their learning journey.
Together with the staff, I look forward to offering you and your children a warm welcome into our community and to starting that most important journey of lifelong education, here at Hardmoor Early Years Centre.
Executive Headteacher MA (Ed), BA (Ed) Hons
From Head of Centre
I would like to welcome you and your child to Hardmoor Early Years Centre. I hope that you enjoy your time here with us.
We have developed a Vision for Hardmoor that is shared on our website. In this, we set out what we hope children will achieve at our Nursery and how we will support them to attain it. We hope you will work with us too, in order to encourage the very best from your child during their time here.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or talk to us about your child. We believe that by working together, we can lay the foundations for the best start in life.
Head of Centre, EYPS, NPQICL
Aims for the Children
- To feel happy and secure in the Centre
- To feel good about themselves
- To respect each other and their surroundings
- To develop independence and to grow in confidence
- To feel enthusiastic about life and learning
- To develop an enquiring mind and a spirit of curiosity
- To learn from and appreciate each other’s differences
- To become individuals who care and share
Aims for the Centre
- Offer a range of provision, with continuity of care and education, for young children 0–5 years and their families
- Provide an environment that is safe, friendly, inspiring and welcoming to all
- Work in partnership with families, valuing their knowledge and respecting their opinions
- Provide inclusive education and care by working with other agencies and professionals to meet the needs of individual children and their families
- Encourage an atmosphere of open communication
- Provide high quality, challenging learning opportunities which build on the children’s interests and capabilities and are carefully planned to work towards the Early Learning Goals set out in the DCSF document ‘The Early Years Foundation Stage’
- Provide a wide range of stimulating resources in a spacious, bright and attractive environment
- Encourage high standards of behaviour to which children can respond positively and build on for the future
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the provision to ensure quality
- Engage well-qualified Early Years Practitioners, who are committed to updating their knowledge and skills
- Be a focus of interest, activity and information for the community
from the chair of governors
As Chair of Governors, I would like to welcome you and your children to Hardmoor. The Hardmoor team pride themselves on creating a safe and caring environment where the children’s development is a priority and the website explores the indoor and outdoor spaces available to all children. I am sure your children will be very happy here.
The website aims to provide you with some of our procedures and practices which we hope you find useful.
I look forward to meeting you and your child(ren).
Chair of Governors
Our Centre’s SENCO is Melanie Streader.
Our Latest News
The latest Newsletter for September 2021 has been sent out on Parentmail. You can view the full newsletter on the the Newsletter page of the website. https://hardmoor.co.uk/newsletters/
The latest Newsletter for July 2021 has been sent out on Parentmail. You can view the full newsletter on the the Newsletter page of the website.
The latest Newsletter for May 2021 has been sent out on Parentmail. You can view the full newsletter on the the Newsletter page of the website. https://hardmoor.co.uk/newsletters/
“The care my son receives is simply outstanding. We took full advantage of the settling in sessions and were really impressed that my sons key person and her buddy visited us at home before he started. I really believe this made starting nursery easier for him… and us! They’re like our extended family.”