The woodland nursery on the edge of the city
We’re delighted to announce our new website is now live
Hardmoor Early Years Centre
Welcome to our Centre
Hardmoor Early Years Centre provides high quality childcare and education for children from 3 months to 5 years.
We are open from 8am – 6pm. Monday – Friday, all year round.
Early Years Funding accepted for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds (15 and 30 hours)
Day Care fees are inclusive of all meals, snacks and nappies and planned closure days are not charged.
Term time only options
2 year olds: 8.55am – 11.55am or 12.55pm – 3.55pm
3 year olds: 9am – 12noon or 1pm – 4pm or 9am – 3pm or 9am – 4pm
All year round options
Children aged 3 months to 5 years: 8am – 4pm or 8am – 6pm
(minimum booking of 16 hours per week)
From The Executive Headteacher
Dear Parents/ Carers,
Welcome to Hardmoor Early Years Centre. Our aim is to provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment in which everyone is valued, so that children can grow in self-esteem and develop their full potential.
The Centre is a unique early years setting providing integrated sessional nursery education and day care for children aged 3 months to 5 years. It is our belief that young children learn and develop best through a play-based curriculum sensitive to children’s individual needs. We endeavour to work in close partnership with parents and carers and value their contributions.
The Centre is situated in a beautiful woodland area featuring many natural resources for the children to experience and access throughout the day. This website has been prepared to give you information about the Centre and I hope you find it useful.
From The Head of Centre
I would like to welcome you and your child to Hardmoor Early Years Centre. I hope that you enjoy your time here with us.
We have developed a Vision for Hardmoor that is shared on our website. In this, we set out what we hope children will achieve at our Nursery and how we will support them to attain it. We hope you will work with us too, in order to encourage the very best from your child during their time here.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions or talk to us about your child. We believe that by working together, we can lay the foundations for the best start in life.
Head of Centre, EYPS, NPQICL
Aims for the Children
- To feel happy and secure in the Centre
- To feel good about themselves
- To respect each other and their surroundings
- To develop independence and to grow in confidence
- To feel enthusiastic about life and learning
- To develop an enquiring mind and a spirit of curiosity
- To learn from and appreciate each other’s differences
- To become individuals who care and share
Aims for the Centre
- Offer a range of provision, with continuity of care and education, for young children 0–5 years and their families
- Provide an environment that is safe, friendly, inspiring and welcoming to all
- Work in partnership with families, valuing their knowledge and respecting their opinions
- Provide inclusive education and care by working with other agencies and professionals to meet the needs of individual children and their families
- Encourage an atmosphere of open communication
- Provide high quality, challenging learning opportunities which build on the children’s interests and capabilities and are carefully planned to work towards the Early Learning Goals set out in the DCSF document ‘The Early Years Foundation Stage’
- Provide a wide range of stimulating resources in a spacious, bright and attractive environment
- Encourage high standards of behaviour to which children can respond positively and build on for the future
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the provision to ensure quality
- Engage well-qualified Early Years Practitioners, who are committed to updating their knowledge and skills
- Be a focus of interest, activity and information for the community
From The Chair of Governors
I hope that you find the website useful in explaining some of our procedures and practices.
As Chair of Governors, I am aware that words cannot do justice to the warm, welcoming and caring environment that exists at the Centre. I am sure your child(ren) will be very happy here.
I look forward to meeting you and your child(ren).
Chair of Governors
Our Centre’s SENCO is Melanie Streader.
Our Latest News
Whether your child is 3 months old or 3 years old, the first time they come to nursery without you can be a really big deal. How will they cope without you? Will their Key Person understand what they need? How will they get on with the other children? Not to mention...read more
Exciting News! We have been listed on the three best rated website - Top 3 Nursery in Southampton! https://threebestrated.co.uk/nursery-in-southamptonread more
“The care my son receives is simply outstanding. We took full advantage of the settling in sessions and were really impressed that my sons key person and her buddy visited us at home before he started. I really believe this made starting nursery easier for him… and us! They’re like our extended family.”